Grants at Ridgewater College

Grant money is money that you do not have to pay back. In most cases, you have to demonstrate financial need to be eligible.

The FSEOG grant is available to all Ridgewater College undergraduate students with exceptional need. You can receive between $100 and $4,000 a year, depending on your financial need, when you apply, the amount of other aid you get, and the availability of funds at your school.

For more information, visit the FSEOG page on the Federal Student Aid website.

Another grant program based on need for Minnesota students only who have not completed the equivalent of four years of post-secondary education. Note: It is awarded according to credit level and direct costs.

For more information, visit the Minnesota State Grant website.

Undocumented students can apply for state financial aid by accessing the online MN Dream Act - State Financial Aid application

If your Minnesota State Grant does not cover all of your tuition and fees, you may be eligible a Technical Grant, a scholarship that will cover any remaining tuition and fee charges.

The Minnesota GI Bill program was established in 2007 to provide postsecondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans who served on or after September 11, 2001. Full-time undergraduate or graduate students may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 per semester or term and part-time students may be eligible to receive up to $500 per semester or term. Apply now.

For more information, visit the Minnesota GI Bill website.

Charles and Ellora Alliss Educational Foundation Grants
(Two Year College Opportunity Grant Program)


The Alliss Two-Year Opportunity Grant Award is available to students with financial need who are attending Minnesota State Colleges, and who are enrolled part- or full-time in A.A., A.S., A.A.S., A.F.A., diplomas, certificates and MnTC courses designed to transfer to baccalaureate programs. The Alliss Grant awards shall be for an amount between $350-$1100 per year, which may be renewable (but not automatically).

Eligibility Requirements:

  1. Must be enrolled part- or full-time at Ridgewater College in any A.A., A.S., A.A.S., A.F.A., diploma, certificate or Mn Transfer Curriculum courses designed to transfer to a 4-year baccalaureate program
  2. Must not have already earned a baccalaureate degree
  3. Must have completed a FAFSA for the current school year OR be a MN DREAM ACT student
  4. Must intend to transfer and/or pursue a 4-year degree at Ridgewater or another institution.

Application Process

Students shall complete the required Application and Degree Completion Form prior to class registration to apply.

Grant Administration

An Alliss Grant shall be for one semester only. To renew an award for a subsequent semester, the student must reapply and meet all eligibility criteria. Alliss Grants may be used for Spring, Summer or Fall semesters.

Alliss Grant awards shall be processed and coordinated with the College's normal financial aid process, and may be used to meet remaining need after the student has received Pell and/or MN state grants.

Alliss Grant awards shall be applied directly to student accounts along with other financial aid for the semester for which they are awarded.


Contact Leann in the Financial Aid office:
320-222-7474 or

This award is based on financial need. Requirements: one-fourth or more Indian ancestry, resident of Minnesota, member of recognized Indian tribe, high school graduate or have GED, ability to benefit from advanced education and approved by Minnesota Indian Scholarship Committee.

Apply now.


Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program:
Megan Fitz Gibbon, Minnesota Office of Higher Education1-800-657-3866 or 651-259-3931

Minnesota Chippewa Tribe:

Minneapolis American Indian Center:

Amount of Scholarship

This scholarship will cover any remaining tuition and fee charges after the student's Federal Pell Grant and MN State Grant have been applied to the student's account.

For complete information, visit or Technical Grants page.

Certain veterans and their children are eligible for educational benefits under the G.I. Bill and other laws.

A child of a veteran who has -

  • Been disabled
  • Died in service
  • Died of a service connected disability

- may be entitled to education benefits.

These tax free benefits vary depending upon the number of hours the student is enrolled and the number of dependents.

For further information, contact the Veteran's Administration at 1-800-827-1000 or the Veteran's Service Officer in your area.

Students receiving veteran's benefits must also contact the Financial Aid Office at the time of acceptance of those benefits.

Phone: (320) 222-5217
Financial Aid Hours

Both campuses:

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

FAFSA ID# 005252