International Students

An international student is defined as non-refugee/non-immigrant holding a valid student visa. The following requirements are necessary for your acceptance at Ridgewater College.

Please submit all forms, letters and records in English.

International Student Admission Requirements

Submit the application fee of $20 (non-refundable) in United States currency.

A certified English translation of your high school transcripts and any post-secondary transcripts you may have. Transcripts must be originals, not photocopied.

If you think you may have transfer credits from any non-U.S. institution(s) that will apply to specific requirements of the degree you are working on at Ridgewater College, you must provide an original transcript and an English translation (if applicable) for each institution to the Ridgewater Admissions office.

Additionally, you must send your transcript(s) and English translation(s) to Education Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You can complete an online application or download their application for this evaluation at their website or request an application form from our admissions office.

For Type of Evaluation – select the Catalog Match (cost $270, less than the cost of two semester credits).​

Have them mail one copy of the evaluation to the following address: 

Ridgewater College 
Transcript Evaluator 
2101 15th Avenue NW
Willmar, MN 56201

Provide documentation in one of the following ways: TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) and have the score sent to the Ridgewater College Admissions Office.

The institutional number for the Hutchinson campus is 7630 and the Willmar campus is 6949.

You must have a minimum score of 500 (paper-based total) or 173 (computer-based total) or 61(internet-based total), completion of ELS (English Language School) level 109 or successfully complete the equivalent of one semester of a Freshman English sequence with a grade of "C" or better at an accredited United States college or university.

For more information on TOEFL, see their website at:

Completion of a Financial Statement Form is required.

You must furnish a certified bank statement from the student's bank, family/official sponsor or U.S. Embassy showing a minimum balance of $15,300.

This amount of financial support and the account must have been in existence for six months or more. International students are charged resident tuition rates.

Provide letters of recommendation from two people: they should include a former teacher, public official, or a friend who will recommend you as a good citizen who would benefit from a college experience.

You must provide written proof of immunization against Measles, Rubella, Mumps, Diphtheria and Tetanus.

All international students and visiting scholars engaged in educational activities are required to purchase the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities international student accident and illness insurance plan, unless they can provide written verification that their government or sponsoring agency accepts full responsibility for any medical claims that might occur. Annual payment will be required.

Forms can be completed upon arrival at Ridgewater College.


There is no on-campus housing available on either campus. Students are responsible for finding their own housing. Information on housing can be found on our website.

^ top


Students must arrange for their own transportation. Public transportation is limited.

^ top


The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service will not grant you permission to work off-campus unless you have successfully completed one academic year and can document an unforeseen change in your financial situation that occurred after you entered the United States. If you cannot assume full financial responsibility for your total proposed period of study, we urge you to delay coming to Ridgewater College until you can do so.

^ top

Financial Aid/Assistance

Financial Aid is not available for international students.

^ top


International students are required to be enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester.

^ top


For more information about the Hutchinson and Willmar communities, please see the following websites:

^ top

Additional Documents Required

Upon arrival in the U.S., you will need to present your I-94 (usually stapled to your passport) and your most recent VISA stamp.

^ top